Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Big Brown Sweater

This sweater started of kind of fun with some ribbing and stripes:



Then it quickly became an endless length of brown stockinette. I mean endless...it needs to cover my husbands back.



And you know what, after all that stockinette I was dreading starting the front but I find that I'm really enjoying it. I think that knitting stockinette on sweaters is, to me, kind of what yoga is to others. I enjoy the mindless repetitive nature of it. It clears my head, it makes me focus and it relaxes me. So, I will continue the big brown sweater until it is complete (or I get really bored and start working on my lace shawl again).

Pattern is House Sweater by Amber Daniels from the Charmed Knits book. Yarn is Knit Picks Merino Style Cinnamon (and two other colors for the stripes that I can't quite remember...)

No comments: