Friday, January 11, 2008

My First Lace Project



I've been knitting for about 7 years and I have a goal with every project. I have to learn something new....whether it be working with a different weight yarn, different stitches...whatever...it has to have something new.

Since I just posted about my first sock, I thought I'd post about my other not-so-recent first. That would be my lace shawl. I've been working on it since Thanksgiving 2006 and I'm still enjoying it. But I can only work on it if a)I'm not tired and b)I'm not talking. Those two things rarely happen at this same time so the progress is slow.

I don't know what I'll do when I finish it. It's been sitting next to my bed for so long it has become like a knitting security blanket. But I've only finished 3 1/2 of 11 repeats. So I figure at the rate I'm going this won't be an issue until sometime in 2010 or 2011. That gives me plenty of time to figure it out.

No comments: