Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What are the Chances?

That this:




Is going to turn into one of those beautiful Tilted Duster Sweaters that are overall the internet? I really really want one so I'm hoping the chances are good!

The pattern is a great deal of fun. I've never constructed a sweater like this before where you knit the two sides of the front and the back and then seam it together and pick up stitches to do the skirt and collar. I haven't gotten to the pick up stitches part yet, so I can still say this is fun.

I'm using the Berroco Peruvia Yarn. It's strange. Usually I love or hate a yarn right away but my opinion on this one changes daily. Here's a close up:




The color is fantastic. It's the Granada colorway and it has shades of orange and yellow and red on the purple yarn. Love it. But it's kind of bulky and it sheds. I don't love that so much.

I'm so excited to see how this one turns out. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: